Pack these soft and chewy bars as an on-the-go snack.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
Makes: approximately 20 bars
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
- 100g BARLEYmax® flakes
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup mixed, unsalted nuts (such as slivered almonds, pistachios, walnuts)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- In a small mixing bowl, place chia seeds and water. Stir and set aside until the chia seeds have soaked up all the water.
- Place the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until melted and combined.
- Pour coconut oil and maple syrup mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the dried cranberries, sultanas, vanilla paste, BARLEYmax® flakes, pepita seeds, slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, cinnamon and chia seeds and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased slice tin (approximately 20 x 30cm), lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the mixture using the back of a spoon. Bake until golden, approximately 30 – 45 minutes.
- Set aside to cool. Cool completely in the fridge before cutting into bars to serve. Store in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to one week.